[Sca-cooks] Two questions

Lynn LRA at olpdsl.net
Fri Sep 11 16:29:21 PDT 2009

Hi guys,

Oh clever and studied ones....I have two questions ...
(1) In the Florilegium there is a discussion about period shortbread
from John Partidge's The Widowes Treasure, 1585. I do not have the book
(would like to know where to get it). I am a little confused about the
recipe being discussed and do not know if it is an actual shortbread
recipe, or if it is like the fine cakes recipe with mace and saffron.
So, the questions is.... what is the recipe from Partidge?

(2) I have seen a recipe for parsnips in dark ale (which I have a copy
of). I thought I saw also a recipe for roasted root vegetables in ale
but I do not know where and cannot seem to find it again. Does anyone
have an idea on a recipe like that?

Thank you for your help.

Lynn the Inquisitive