[Sca-cooks] Rooting-through-the-freezer chewets: a late-night improv experiment

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 15 15:11:20 PDT 2009

On Sep 15, 2009, at 6:04 PM, Susan Lin wrote:

> so, can I ask (I guess I can as I am) - where did you get the empanada
> wrappers you describe?  I think they would be a heck of a lot easier
> than
> trying to make tons of pie crust.
>
> Shoshanna

Around here, where there are a lot of Spanish-speaking people who buy
such things, most supermarkets sell them frozen in packets of ten,
with parchment between the sheets. They're pretty cheap, like $1.69
for ten...

I actually got these ones at the bodega down the street.

If you have an ethnic-catering grocery store, they'd probably carry
them., and sometimes the supermarket will have a separate freezer
section for the more unusual frozen foods, such as Kosher or vegan TV
dinners, and various more obscure ethnic food products.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter