[Sca-cooks] Opinion Needed

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Wed Sep 16 19:08:26 PDT 2009

Was written:

Should this paper be published with the recipes that are
not from period sources or should I work with the author to find recipes
that are similar to the ones that are not period, perhaps putting the
questionable ones in an appendix or something?

My response:

As I understand it, you plan to publish the paper in a SCA venue with the
intent of providing recipes that fit certain modern dietary requirements.
That being true I suggest that you identify within the paper which recipes
are period sourced and which are more "speculative" and thus not sourced in
period.  That being said I do think that a better solution would be to go
with all period sourced recipes assuming that it can be done.

Daniel