[Sca-cooks] OT: a short vacation before winter

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Thu Sep 17 16:49:15 PDT 2009

Was written:

My husband and I are thinking about a short vacation before winter sets in
and we are stuck at (think IN) the house till April. We live in Washington
and will want to go somewhere warm for 4 to 6 days. Most likely we'll be
flying....

Any suggestions? Where would you go with your significant other if you
could? Maybe a 2nd honeymoon? Our first was spent here in Spokane two years
ago in February so we could use a nice one!

Assuming that you are planning to go somewhere tropical outside the US I
suggest avoiding Mexico, things are far to unsettled down there right now.
Perhaps Costa Rica, the Bahamas or Belize.  Further afield if you are a
Francophile you might try French Polynesia or Martinique.   If you want to
stay "US" you could try Key West, the US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, or
even American Somoa.

Daniel