[Sca-cooks] Our Folkmoot October 6th

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 11:21:11 PDT 2009

October 6th we're having a Folkmoot during our regular fighter practice (as
we do each first fighter practice of the month) to encourage non-SCA people
to come and see what we do.  This time we are trying for a full court
press.  As usual people will be in garb and will bring their own crafts and
such.  All of the guilds will be setting up tables and showing off what they
do. That includes the Cooks' Guild.

We have some people bringing dishes.  Our feast steward for Mid-Winter will
be bringing a couple of the dishes they are planning for the event.

So, my question is, what types of things might we add to bring people in and
not scare them away?  I was thinking of some spices whole, and ground so
people can see the difference, maybe a recipe in its original form and then
redacted for use today.  Food is always welcome but it needs to be easy to
eat.

Thank you in advance for your inspiration.

Shoshanna