[Sca-cooks] OOP - pan ID help

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Mon Sep 28 12:34:55 PDT 2009

>http://www.kitchenclique.com/ln1390.html
>this is a 10 inch fry pan - it gives info on temperature limits.

While it is similar, I don't think this is the pan I have.  Unfortunately,
the only Calphalon they seem to carry is all the Tri-Ply Stainless.  I know
they say "Please note this pan has a non-stick interior which is not
pictured" (later they say it has a "satin finish stainless interior" -
which is it?) but it doesn't have the grab-handle opposite the long one
either.  I wonder if the temperature ranges are similar for whatever
(aluminum?) pan it is I have?  ISTR when I was hunting for cleaning tips
they all said not to put it in the dishwasher (Calphalon even said it would
void the warranty); this site says the stainless pan is dishwasher safe.  I
think Adamantius guessed it would be safe to 400 degrees, but didn't think
it would broil (the stainless one says it is broiler safe).  Sigh.  So much
info out there, and it's so hard to find!  All I can find is sales sites,
most of which then try to sell you 12-piece sets.  I'll just be glad I
found it and keep it out of the oven for now.  I think something involving
bacon and mushrooms tonight.

Sandra