[Sca-cooks] Kraut krauting

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Wed Sep 30 12:43:17 PDT 2009

Susan Fox wrote:

> Oh, you will have something much sooner than that.  The batch I served
> with sausages for Crown Prints Prize Tourney in July had been
> fermenting no more than three weeks.  The Pear mustard, that should
> have been started sooner.  It's nice NOW though.

I agree-- the fermentation should take something like 2-4 weeks,
depending on the ambient temperature.

I take it you think the pear mustard improves on keeping-- I thought it
was OK freshly made, but haven't tried keeping it at all.   How well
does sauerkraut go down with diners in your neck of the woods?

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?