[Sca-cooks] Tavern Arrangements

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Thu Sep 3 12:54:12 PDT 2009

-----Original Message-----

<<<Others have pointed out that I'd need a food permit and insurance, and
might need to collect and report sales tax.  I've told them sorry, I cant do
lunch under the circumstances.>>>>

This is what I was meaning when I said
"There may be a problem with this as it puts you out of the Non profit
safety net."

<<<I've been looking at recipes for this since last year, and I am terribly
disappointed.  But there is nothing else I can do.>

Perhaps you can approach the Seneschal and exchequer about your situation.
You can be the head of the Inn and let the IS be your work force. With this
you get to use your recipes, the IS members learn some period foods and the
Shire is footing the bill.
Prices will have to be created so that it makes a small profit and still not
burn the customer's money pouch.
Or if the IS foots the bill then you could approach them with your menu and
see if they would be willing to create the menu or parts of it.

De