[Sca-cooks] pasties - was winter projects

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Tue Sep 8 14:21:59 PDT 2009

tudorpot at gmail.com wrote:

>> > yes, i am trying to keep it outdoor finger food without being too
>> soppy or
>> > sticky. 8)  things that can be wrapped in cloth or put in crocks in a
>> > basket.
>

> I'd suggest a fruit or gingerbread. Easy to handle- not messy. Second
> the pickles- my homemade ones were a hit at the lunch I prepared in June.

Jumbals are good to, for a cookie-type thing.

I make cold cucumber pickles by soaking them in white balsamic vinegar
or white wine vinegar or verjuice and sugar and saffron or fennel.
They're a good foil to meat pies or pasties.

(Aside: I live in New Zealand, land of enthusiastic meat pie
consumption, but I still think *one* item in pastry at lunchtime is
quite sufficient.)

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,