[Sca-cooks] Rice in Anonymous Andalusian Cookbook?

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Wed Sep 9 22:51:33 PDT 2009

>IIRC, for instance, there are no chick peas
>used, and I forget which side of the oil coin it
>comes down on, but either olive or sesame is
>absent, but not both.

Counterfeit (Vegetarian) Isfî riyâ  of Garbanzos

Clean a chicken or a partridge and put in all
that spoken of above, except the saffron is
omitted. Put garbanzos and a head of garlic into
the pot,

Recipe for a Dish of Olives

Clean a partridge and put it in a pot with salt,
coriander, pepper, garbanzos, Chinese cinnamon,
and  ...

Garbanzos. In their skin they have no use in the
various kinds of cooking. It is a dish of
bedouins and gluttons; those who want to
strengthen themselves with it take only its
juice, add it to meat, and make a dish or a tharî
d of it. ...

Sour apples are cooked with meat in water until
ragged, then the apples are macerated and
strained. Put with it oil, salt, pepper and
crushed soaked garbanzos and boil until the meat
is browned.

I didn't find any references to either olive oil
or sesame oil, but lots to "oil" sort unspecified.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com