[Sca-cooks] OT: Visiting London

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Sep 10 14:46:42 PDT 2009

London is a nifty place.

Get most of your money from ATMs--that way you get the interbank rate as
opposed to the usurious rates that moneychangers charge.

Remember that the pound is like the dollar, so a sandwich in a pub might
run you 7.95 GBP.

London is full of restaurants, and many of them post their menus by the
door.

The British Museum, the V&A, the Museum of London, the British Library,
all have good web sites on which you can check hours and whether a given
gallery is open or not. The MoL is free. The British Library is also free.
Many historic places have entrance fees. Check
http://www.britishheritagepass.com/ to see if buying it will save you
money--they have a London-specific pass that might be what you're looking
for.

YIS,

Margaret FitzWilliam

It is likely to be a bit chilly and damp, since it's October.