[Sca-cooks] OT: Visiting London

bronwynmgn at aol.com bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Sep 10 19:14:22 PDT 2009

From: Robin Carroll-Mann <rcarrollmann at gmail.com>

<<I am going to be spending a week's vacation in London next month, and
would appreciate some tips.>>

Forgot one:

British hotel rooms are odd.  Ten years ago we spent our first 4 nights in a hotel in London, for 85 pounds a night.  As I recall, it worked out to well over $100 a night.  The room had a double bed with just enough room to squeeze past it on three sides, a trouser press, a tea service, and a long narrow passageway to the door.  And a tiny bathroom with a corner shower, but the entire bathroom, walls and floor, was MARBLE.

Brangwayna