[Sca-cooks] siting table in Middle-eastern style.

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 12 03:06:37 PDT 2009

just an idea here...

To honor Her Majesty, the first Setting will be a room divided down the middle (there were some LOVELY dividers used at Coronation ... white with a blue decorative motif) women on one side, men on the other.  A selection of groceries from the Anonymous Andalusian served in the more traditional fashion arranged over saffron rice, some cushions and some chairs (our population ages).

Intermission.  The dividers would be removed to the walls, cushions behind them.  Tables and chairs placed in a more traditional fashion, and re-set.

To honor Hiis Majesty, the second Setting would be a selection of English fare.

Intermission. Tables would be moved to the back of the room, using the dividers to hide them, chairs set for court.

While the third reset is happening Sweets from both the Middle Eastern and English choices would be served buffet style on a side-board.

I am pretty sure my co-steward is going to have some ........... issues with the .... fussieness ... of this whole thing.

There is yet time to work through the kinks.  Event is January 30th.

Comments?   Suggestions?

Cheers

Malkin

Otherhill

Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.
Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.

I don't want to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to light a candle.