[Sca-cooks] OT Question for Costumers

bronwynmgn at aol.com bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat Sep 12 17:28:18 PDT 2009

<<So, the question is: Was there any evidence prior to the
American Civil War and the Union Army's survey of recruits for the
manufacture of standardized sized clothing?>>

I don't know for sure about standardized sizing, but I do know that armor could be purchased off the peg (ie ready-made) at least from the 14th century on, and I believe that clothing could also be purchased off the peg.  One would assume that there would be some standard sizes for these, but I have no idea how one would find out any more detail.

Brangwayna Morgan