[Sca-cooks] Opinion Needed

bronwynmgn at aol.com bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Sep 17 15:55:55 PDT 2009

What do you think?  Should this paper be published with the recipes that are
not from period sources or should I work with the author to find recipes
that are similar to the ones that are not period, perhaps putting the
questionable ones in an appendix or something?

Given the reality that lots of places in the SCA are still not serving only period foods, I would allow the "tradtional" or Periodoid recipes to stay in the paper, but with a very prominently placed note saying something along the lines of "While these recipes are not strictly medieval, they are popular, common dishes in the SCA and as such, we felt they should be addressed".

Brangwayna Morgan