[Sca-cooks] Soupe Crottee (Vivendier) - any experience?

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 10:00:58 PDT 2009

I agree - this would be difficult from what I have read to make in a large
quantity.

Could it be revised to resemble more of what in modern times is french onion
soup?  Where the bread is placed on top of the broth and the cheese on top
of that?

I've tried to make cheese soup and if you're not very careful you can get
much gloppyness as the cheese congeels and sticks together (and then burns
to the bottom of the pan).

shoshanna