[Sca-cooks] Fwd: OOP - pan ID help - addendum

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 28 06:44:59 PDT 2009

On Sep 28, 2009, at 9:21 AM, Sandra Kisner wrote:

> I don't know if it will help (it didn't with Google), but it has the
> numbers 5003 and D8 on the bottom, and was manufactured in Toledo, OH.
>
>> I picked up a 10" Calphalon frying pan (I think technically it's a
>> sauteuse, but I must admit I don't have the names straight in my
>> head) at a garage sale this weekend.  It just needed a bit of
>> cleaning, but I'm not sure what model I've got: non-stick, hard-
>> anodized, "Calphalon-infused" anodyzed....  My google-fu is clearly
>> not up to snuff, as I haven't been able to identify it online.
>> It's 10" in diameter, about 3" deep, with straight sides.  It has a
>> metal handle (with a removable rubber grip-cover) riveted on, and a
>> metal loop/handle on the opposite side.  So what have I got, and
>> can I put it in the oven without destroying the pan and/or having
>> it emit noxious fumes?

Is this it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Calphalon-3-Qt-Skillet-with-Lid-Chicken-Fryer-Fry-Pan_W0QQitemZ170388087324QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCookware_Bakeware?hash=item27abebe21c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_977

AFAIK, all Calphalon is safe to put into an oven if the temperature
isn't ridiculously high, say up to maybe 400 degrees F. You might be
on the safe side and remove the rubbery grip first. I wouldn't broil
or sear meat in the oven in it, though.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter