[Sca-cooks] Tudor Cookery on YouTube

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 4 15:45:52 PDT 2009

Greetings!  Historic Royal Palaces will be adding to the videos that are
on its YouTube channel.  This autumn, according to the pamphlet for
members, there will be an "Online Tudor cook-along: step-by-step guide
to cooking three genuine Tudor dishes.  Presented by...Robin Mitchener
and filmed on location in the Tudor Kitchens at Hampton Court Palace".
Robin is the cook that you can see in videos wearing a mustard-colored
jacket.

We've mentioned the 5 videos that are available via the Hampton Court
web page on the Historic Palaces web site, but I found two others that
might be of interest.

The first is an introduction to the kitchens narrated by Marc
Meltonville.  Some recent subtleties are mentioned and shown.  You can
find this at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwr68gROYM0&NR=1.  It's 3
min. 43 sec. long.

The second is a longer piece taken from a British TV show, "A Taste of
History" with Phil Vickery.  Richard Fitch from the Hampton Court cooks
does a quick demonstration of making a quince pie.  Then Phil goes to
Stratford on Avon to a historic farm where he works on a pea pottage.
The video is 9 min. 11 sec. long and can be found at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLdGNiqPPog .

For those who were asking about the tudorcook blogspot, Richard (above)
is the force behind that.  So, we will see him again, but I wish he'd
still do his blog.

Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming