[Sca-cooks] One more costume question...

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Sat Sep 12 09:13:25 PDT 2009

 .and then I promise I'll quit.

Many of you are familiar with "Medieval Cookbooks - An Annotated
Bibliography" put out by Jaelle of Armida / Judy Gerjuoy.  It gives a brief
run-down on various cookbooks relating to our period, with a rating along
with each one.  http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/articles/food_bibliography.html

Is there a similar list of historically accurate movies as relate to
costume?  I'd like to be able to recommend some movies to a fashion design
class, but so often when I think a movie is great, I hear costumers picking
it apart.  I realize even the best effort will get this sort of going-over,
but there have to be some generally-agreed-upon films that get thumbs-up
from the accuracy crowd?  Just wondering if there is any sort of list or
website or something that I could access?

Thank you, and now I return you to your regularly scheduled cooking
conversations.

Christianna