[Sca-cooks] dinner OOP

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 20 20:51:18 PDT 2009

Bacon Corn chowder - 1/2 lb bacon chopped and fried crisp, add 2 cloves chopped garlic, 1/2 onion, 2 stalks celery and 4 potatoes diced.  Add spices  to taste.  I used 1/2 tsp Parsley, 1/4 tsp  each sage, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, oregano, Herbs de Provinance, ground black pepper,  paprika and a few celery seeds.  Stir in between 1/4 in 1/2 cup flour.  Cook until the flour browns slightly.  Add 2 C milk and stir. (also added left over peas, carrots and corn).

fresh hot bead - Tbs yeast bloomed in 3/4 c warmed milk, 3 eggs, 1 tsp salt, 3 Tbs sugar, 4 C flour.  Formed in rounds, baked  at 375 for 22 minutes.

Very much yum

Cheers

Malkin

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.
Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.

I don't want to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to light a candle.