[Sca-cooks] OOP - pan ID help

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Mon Sep 28 06:20:30 PDT 2009

I picked up a 10" Calphalon frying pan (I think technically it's a
sauteuse, but I must admit I don't have the names straight in my head) at a
garage sale this weekend.  It just needed a bit of cleaning, but I'm not
sure what model I've got: non-stick, hard-anodized, "Calphalon-infused"
anodyzed....  My google-fu is clearly not up to snuff, as I haven't been
able to identify it online.  It's 10" in diameter, about 3" deep, with
straight sides.  It has a metal handle (with a removable rubber grip-cover)
riveted on, and a metal loop/handle on the opposite side.  So what have I
got, and can I put it in the oven without destroying the pan and/or having
it emit noxious fumes?

Sandra