[Sca-cooks] Translation of the Latin omnia cibaria?

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Mon Sep 28 14:41:21 PDT 2009

Salvete

I'm just getting into the French corpus, and I'm wondering if there is an English translation of the tractatus de modo preparabndi et condiendi omnia cibaria (the Liber de Coquina) edited by Marianne Mulon. If not, would it be a good medium.term project to get into? I'm taking Latin again, and I'm bored to tears by Cicero.

A German translation exists, I have it. The temptation to look up stuff will become overwhelming no doubt.

Cheers

Giano