[Sca-cooks] Peaches

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Wed Aug 11 09:10:21 PDT 2010

I brought home two pecks (about 2 gallons each) of peaches yesterday.
Already made peach preserves, put a bag chopped peaches in my small
freezer, and had some on ice cream.  Today I'm making peach chutney
and a peach pie.

http://clem.mscd.edu/~grasse/GK_ASsp99_peach.htm

I want to try the Rumpolt recipe for dried peaches.  Rather than
putting them in the sun (its raining hard right now) or using a
dehydrator, I thought of turning my oven to warm for awhile, then
turning it off and putting in the peaches, on a rack over a sheet pan
Does that seem like it would work?

And Peach Latweg (also from Rumpolt)
  Make peach preserve also therefore/ and press the peaches/ like this
you are going to press a good juice from it/ boil it quickly away/
and take not much sugar/ like this it is also a beautiful preserve/
becomes beautiful clear juice/ good and well tasting.

Any other favorite peach recipes to recommend?

Ranvaig