[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Cookin'

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 23 15:15:48 PDT 2010

Cariadoc wrote:
>Which raises the perennial question of whether it would be practical
>to have at least one food merchant at Pennsic doing period food. My
>guess is that, with a suitable selection of recipes--easy to make
>things that many people would like--it should be workable.

My limited understanding is that the set-up cost, especially getting
a license to sell food in a situation like Pennsic, is particularly
expensive and convoluted.

Being able to create a menu and cook it (using modern equipment)
couldn't be much of a problem.

By the by, i think i really *will* make it to Pennsic next year. I
was trying last year for a decade birthday, then this year for a
prime number birthday, but i guess it will be next year, when i will
be n1-squared times n2-squared years old. Oh, and i have heard a
rumor that it will be Pennsic 40!
--
Urtatim [that's err-tah-TEEM]
the persona formerly known as Anahita