[Sca-cooks] Currywurst, and what's your favorite medieval wurst?

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 25 09:50:05 PDT 2010

The Chicago food thread made me recall that while I was in Chicago in May, I actually never got to try any real Chicago restaurants; but I did get to try Berlin specialties at a reception that city's economic development group was holding there. And on the menu was currywurst. Ah, currywurst, I long for you still!!!!!

Anyone here actually make it, including the sauce? This seems like a good recipe here:

http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Currywurst-Sauce.

I was told to make sure that I put the currywurst over my fries, because eating the potatoes that had soaked in the currywurst sauce was the best part.

So all this got me to wondering about period sausages, a-wandering about in the discussions on the Florilegium, and thinking about getting a sausage attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer. As there are quite a few experienced sausage makers on this list, I'll ask, what's your favorite period sausage to make and what's your favorite to eat?

Adelisa de Salernum