[Sca-cooks] Problems with frictelle

Linda Peterson mirhaxa at morktorn.com
Mon Aug 30 10:40:09 PDT 2010

I think that once the rice has been cooked in milk you might as well think
of it as raisins-not starch. It's the ingredient being bound, not the
binder. Particularly since the recipe (or the previous one referred to)
specifies flour, I'd trust that. I'm thinking of how I make potato or
zuchini pancakes, with egg -and- flour. Doesn't take much, but it is
essential. It should make them hold together better and soaking up some of
the sugary milky liquid may reduce sticking as well.
 	Mirhaxa
   mirhaxa at morktorn.com