[Sca-cooks] Smoked and Pickled: Sources and Recipes?

Phil Troy SCA adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 30 17:25:15 PDT 2010

It would seem highly plausible that the Turkish version of basturma, which is dry-rubbed and air-dried, as I understand it, is probably quite old, and also commercially available. Of course, modern versions generally include paprika in the rub, but the basic concept very likely stems from a much older, Old World friendly, concept...

Adamantius

Sent from my iPod