[Sca-cooks] Bacon and food trends

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Aug 5 17:24:15 PDT 2010

Hmmmph. I guess I'm too much of a traditionalist. Not that I'm any good or knowledgable about those traditional methods, but I think the best ways to summarize these new cooking styles is a quote from the second link below.

"They've found a way to use technology to make their lives more difficult."

When things are too perfect, to me, they just don't seem real.  That goes for these reconstructed food items, breast augmentation and much other plastic enhancement surgery.

Stefan

<<< About those trends:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1715277,00.html

http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/the-food-avant-gardes-enabler