[Sca-cooks] The Epulario

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Sun Aug 8 18:18:58 PDT 2010

Thanks all for the information. I have the microfilm, a transcriptions from
the microfilm and the Falconwood edition. Plus ALL the Martino sources
(except the two that are still to be investigated!) It is pretty similar to
the Martino corpus and as was indicated it says (but it is really not the
case) that it was a translation of Epulario by Rosselli from the early
1500's (there are way to many variations for it to be direct from this maybe
a different/later edition).

I was mostly interested in the original size of the manuscript to re-produce
a facsimile (or several) for largess for their majesties and as gifts from
myself and my apprentice who is a book binder.

It seems that the info indicates that it was re-bound so that is not going
to help. I think the info on the size of the quatros in the Elizabethan time
period is of the greatest of help (combined with the re-binding size).

Eduardo