[Sca-cooks] Nasty Virus Attack-OT

yaini0625 at yahoo.com yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 22 05:29:59 PDT 2010

Sorry Guys- giving everyone I know and correspond with a heads up. I spent all day unhosing  a nasty Trojan virus off my workhorse of a computer. It came through on an update or video and acts like a Computer Malware/Spyware Alert. Suddenly I had five pop up windows alerting me I was infected and the only way to eliminate it was buy their " Security Suite" software. Beware it is a scam!
It actually interfered with my McAfee program and shut down another.
The computer is now fixed, but I lost all the recent files including photos.
Thank Gods that I have my trusty Blackberry. Both have been my lifeline to the outside world.
Seriously, thinking the Saami had it right with their stone carvings. ;o)
Update all your protections.
Finally, going to sleep.
Aelina

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T