[Sca-cooks] Battlefield Bakery Cookbook

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sun Aug 22 07:33:25 PDT 2010

>I have heard some comments on this list about this "Battlefield
>Bakery", but my first Pennsic was Pennsic 21, and it was apparently
>long gone by then. What was the other cookshop?

I think Battlefield Bakery was going well past Pennsic 21. It was a
location in the food court, selling mostly pasties of various sorts.
Periodish but not period.

The earlier project, in which Marian was one of the central figures,
was the Sated Tyger. It had its own location--I don't think there was
a food court then. Two clay ovens, named Hansel and Gretel, rebuilt
each year on site. Cooking in them and over the fire. The only modern
technology used was refrigeration--two refrigerators, concealed.
Period food.

Marian had serious medical problems due to what turned out to be
undiagnosed diabetes, which is one reason why, once she was more or
less recovered, the second project was considerably less ambitious
than the first.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com