[Sca-cooks] mochi in the 10th century Japanese Ochikubo monogatari

Mariann Eaves drmrsgal at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 14:56:21 PDT 2010

What I know of moochi rice (modernly) is that it is a sweet rice( this rice
breaks down quite a bit when cooked) and is sweetened with coconut and often
rolled into a ball covered with toasted sesame seeds. It's also known as
sticky rice.  Such sweet rice is a special treat and one of the rare
"sweets" that you would find in Japanese cooking.

In fact, I have some in the freezer right now.

YIS,

Saraqan