[Sca-cooks] Bronze Cookware

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sat Aug 28 10:01:29 PDT 2010

>Greetings!  Here is a link to a company which produces reproduction
>bronze cooking items - http://www.historiccastings.co.uk/ .  If you
>think you want some of the pieces, be aware that the company is said
>to be difficult to get a response from! They are the ones who supply
>the bronze cookware for Hampton Court.
>
>Alys K.

Note that they explicitly say that their bronze cooking items should
not be used for cooking food that is actually going to be eaten,
since the bronze alloy includes some lead-they are intended only for
show. Whether the risk is really significant or they are merely
protecting themselves against liability I do not know.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com