[Sca-cooks] Smoked and Pickled: Sources and Recipes?

Mark Hendershott crimlaw at jeffnet.org
Mon Aug 30 11:38:32 PDT 2010

perhaps something like the Italian Bresaola.  Recipes can be found on
line, basically beef (or horse) marinated in a brine with herbs &
wine then air dried.  I made some using a modern recipe and it seems
like it would keep a long time even without refrigeration.  Haven't
looked for period recipes though it is one of those things one would
suspect has a long history.

Simon Sinneghe
Briaroak, Summits, An Tir