[Sca-cooks] Boozy jellies

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Aug 30 18:17:48 PDT 2010

Johanne mentioned:
<<< Ok so you want your jellies to be just a bit different...
how about
Cherith Valley Jellies, a collection of boozy jelly made from mixed
drinks, brandy and wine, available now.

It all begins in a humble garden deep in the heart of Texas, where
they pride themselves on doing things the American way?like finding a
reason to combine alcohol with anything. >>>

Well... Ft. Worth is hardly "the heart of Texas". It is rather about four hours north of central Texas, and more northwest Texas than heart or central Texas. But we'll just put that down to advertising fluff.

We have actually discussed period equivalents to this. Their red wine jelly might not be that different from the period version. Of course I'd welcome additional period wine jelly recipes or info.

wine-jelly-msg (4K) 11/ 4/08 Period and modern jellies made with wine.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/wine-jelly-msg.html

I guess you could do this with beer or ale, but I'm not sure how a sweet beer would go over or a non-sweet jelly.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com