[Sca-cooks] Totally OT: Wikipedia

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 23 15:11:31 PDT 2010

I wrote:
>For two days i have been unable to access wikipedia.
>
>Is anyone else having this problem?

And i continued to be unable on Sunday, then, poof, like "magic",
this AM i got to wikipedia. I had no problem reaching any other sites
during those 4 days. And i don't think my computer (a Mac) is
infested, as someone (reasonably) suggested. I suspect some problem
with my internet connection.

If it continued today, i was going to call the Filipinos and South
Asians who handle customer service and technical service,
respectively, for Earthlink... like that would help. A nice Filipino
woman didn't know what a dash or hyphen was when i was spelling
something to her. And i have had techs, who generally just read from
a script, blatantly lie to me; for example, one said he was sending
me something that didn't exist).

I'm still curious what was up, and i thought maybe some techy person
had heard something, but i guess it will remain (ooooh, ooooh) a
mystery.
--
Someone sometimes called Urtatim