[Sca-cooks] The Epulario

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Aug 8 13:25:45 PDT 2010

The Huntington has a copy of course. In fact it's the copy they
microfilmed and have up on EEBO.

Cataloguing reads:

Title Epulario, or The Italian banquet: wherein is shewed the maner
how to dresse and prepare all kind of flesh, foules or fishes. As also
how to make sauces, tartes, pies, &c. After the maner of all
countries. With an addition of many other profitable and necessary
things. Translated out of Italian into English

Imprint London : Printed by A[dam] I[slip] for William Barley, and are
to bee sold at his shop in Gratious street, neere Leaden-hall, 1598

Description [80] p. ; (4to)

Note A translation of: Opera nova chiamata Epulario

Printer's name from STC Signatures: [A]¹ B-L⁴ (-L4)

Running title reads: The Italian banquet

Heh copy Binding by Riviere. Trimmed.
Provenance: Caldecott copy; collated by W.C.M., 19 Sept. 1868; binding
stamped with monogram of William Henry Miller Bibl refs

STC (2nd ed.), 10433 ESTC (RLIN), S105525

LoC gives their copy as Description: [80] p. ; 19 cm. (4to)
Signatures: [A]1 B-K⁴ L⁴(-L4)

Johnna