[Sca-cooks] Thoughts for a new class

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Thu Aug 19 09:12:19 PDT 2010

>I am currently considering a new class that I'd like to teach, but
>I'm not sure of the practicality or how the format should work.
>
>What I'd like to do is a practical redacting class.  I've done
>redacting days at my house where I've chosen a bunch of recipes, had
>people pick one, and work on it, and then dinner was the results.
>This really isn't feasible at an event.

I'm not sure why it isn't. The two issues I can see are:

Time. It would have to be a several hour long class.

Kitchen. It would have to be either at a site with at least one
standard stove, preferably two, or a camping event with someone
setting up a substantial perod cooking setup.

Classes sometimes are long, and lots of events are at sites with
kitchens, so why couldn't you do the event equivalent of the sort of
"everyone cooks one dish" workshop that you describe and that we have
done many times? You would have to limit class size, of course, but
for five to ten people it ought to work.

David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com