[Sca-cooks] cuskynoles was Food identity search

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 1 00:24:29 PDT 2010

Johnnae replied to me with:
<<< Having changed the heading to better reflect this blatant grab for more
posts on the subject of "cuskynoles" by a certain archivist, >>>

Well, I already have a fair amount of stuff on cuskynoles but I was thinking that perhaps Katherine might be able to come up with a different perspective, since she "was a visual person".

I did consider changing the subject title, but I thought, since we are still trying to figure out exactly what the "One, True Cuskynole" is, that "Food Identity search" was appropriate.

<<< have you taken a look recently at what one sees when one googles
"cuskynoles" ? >>>

Interesting. May have more to do with the particular spelling of "cuskynoles" you pick.  The later commentary that my message stirred up does continue to indicate there are a number of ways to spell this dish. I am now well behind on this list, but the new information that has now come up on cuskynoles, is an example of why I may or may not make blatant pot stirrings to see if new material will emerge. :-)   I do have some other subjects which could use some elaboration...  Of course that Stefan guy may just be frequently curious.  And too lazy to go do his own research.

Still trying to figure out whether this new cuskynoles is really an import from the Arab world or whether just the name was, or whether it is just coincidental name similarity.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com