[Sca-cooks] the kitchen sink

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Thu Aug 5 02:10:21 PDT 2010

<<< Katherine who is off to see if there is a bacon archive on the florilegium...

Wouldn't be surprised. Stefan has the kitchen sink there, I'm sure. :-)

Liutgard >>>

Lol. Nope, no file specifically on kitchen sinks. Probably because they haven't raised much of a conversation on the lists I've been on.

I do have this, which did serve some of the purpose of a kitchen sink in medieval times...
aquamaniles-msg (12K) 4/ 1/10 Fancy period jugs to hold water for washing.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-UTENSILS/aquamaniles-msg.html

Handwashing-art (22K) 2/24/02 "Scented Handwaters For Feasts and Dayboards" by Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/Handwashing-art.html

I suppose a kitchen sink might be part of these:
camp-kitchens-msg (32K) 1/21/08 Camp kitchen ideas for SCA use.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CAMPING/camp-kitchens-msg.html

So what are the best ways to handle or create a kitchen sink while camping? This has often been a problem at my barony's outside events, which often have running water, but not much else in the way of kitchen facilities.

Stefan
(Now, Johnnae, *this* is a blatant grab for more posts on a subject by a certain archivist... :-)  )

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com