[Sca-cooks] Thoughts for a new class

bronwynmgn at aol.com bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 06:58:42 PDT 2010

I am currently considering a new class that I'd like to teach, but I'm not sure of the practicality or how the format should work.

What I'd like to do is a practical redacting class.  I've done redacting days at my house where I've chosen a bunch of recipes, had people pick one, and work on it, and then dinner was the results.  This really isn't feasible at an event.

What I'm considering is choosing one recipe, having the people access it beforehand to modernize the language and review it, and then discuss it together in the class and make a version.  Or, possibly, limit the size of the class to however much cooking space I have available and allow each person to make their own version (this is what I'd really prefer to do).
Another possiblility would be a two-session class, where we review the recipe in the first class and then cook it in the second.

What do you all think?  Is this a feasible thing to do, or am I setting myself up for a logistical nightmare?

Brangwayna Morgan
Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom
Lancastr, PA