[Sca-cooks] sheep carts?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jan 1 21:46:26 PST 2010

Adamantius mentioned:
<<< I guess one could argue that making a haggis without having access
to freshly slaughtered sheep parts is sort of like putting the cart
before the sheep anyway, so by extension, a lot of what might have
been seen as sacrosanct could be... well... reexamined. >>>

In period we had dog and goat carts as well as horse carts. Oxen were
also used to pull wagons and carts. And I assume water buffalo in
places like southern Italy that had them.

So, do we have any evidence of sheep carts or of sheep pulling carts?
Or is there some reason that sheep won't pull or can't be used to pull
carts?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com