[Sca-cooks] OOP: What are they teaching are kids?

edoard at medievalcookery.com edoard at medievalcookery.com
Thu Jan 7 12:58:04 PST 2010

Most of the dictionary definitions I've seen for "mollycoddle" say that
"molly" comes from the person's name, however I suspect that these
etymologies are incorrect, and that the "molly" part comes from the
French "molle" (= soft).  I'll check the doorstop when I get home - it
tends to have more detailed histories and has dates listed for first
use.

Perhaps Johnnae can check the OED and see what it says?

- Doc