[Sca-cooks] OOP - Happy, Happy Day!

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 8 14:35:58 PST 2010

On Jan 8, 2010, at 5:26 PM, silverr0se at aol.com wrote:

> I finally have the dutch oven of my dreams!
>
> I have been wanting a Le Creset dutch oven for years but didn't want to pay $230 for it. The season a number of PBS cooking shows switched to another Brand, Tramontina. I found this at Wal-Mart for $49.95 and then at SlickDeals.com for $35 (but still from Wal-Mart.)
>
> I order one for me and one for my Mom and they arrived today! Fortunately I have door to my office so my co-workers didn't see me a) dancing around like a fool and b) trying to wrestle open the biggest packing box I've ever seen that did not contain a refrigerator.
>
> I 'm dying to go home and braise something!

Definitely, braise your consciousness! My Dutch ovens are mostly Wagner cast iron, but I have a Tramontina 12" machete that I use for splitting turkey breasts, etc.

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter