[Sca-cooks] Cassenadt

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Tue Jan 12 07:11:52 PST 2010

No.  "Cypress" is reference to the source of the sugar, Cyprus.  Cassonade
refers to a type of sugar transported in a caisson (chest or box).
Specifically, cassonade is a dark brown sugar, heavy in molasses.  A couple
of references suggest that it will not form a proper sugar loaf and is
transported in boxes for that reason.

Bear