[Sca-cooks] What constitutes modern food

bronwynmgn at aol.com bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Jan 24 08:10:46 PST 2010

<Actually, I have this idea about sandwiches.
Sops are period (of course).  But what if a cook had a sop that they cooked
oo long, and it became dry?  You could still eat it, but then you'd have an
pen-faced sandwich with a sort of mushy "filling" with mixed meat and
egetables.  So, would this kind of open-faced sandwich with a cooked
opping be allowed by our period police?  What say you?  I'm thinking,
ooking it down to the consistency of, oh, exceedingly lumpy mashed potatoes
ith pieces of meat and vegetable mixed in.

In my experience, sops don't get "cooked".  They're a serving method - throw some bread in the bottom of the dish before you pour the soup on.
So I don;t think your idea is workable.
Brangwayna Morgan
Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom
Lancaster, PA.