[Sca-cooks] What constitutes modern food

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 24 18:00:55 PST 2010

On Jan 24, 2010, at 8:39 PM, Ian Kusz wrote:

> I'm not saying, "this is a perfectly-researched, period food."  I'm saying,
> "this is a portable, almost-period food, that might be a useful
> interpretation for camping."
>
> Anyway, I just thought it might be something within the realm of period, but
> I appear to have spit upon the Pope, or tickled the Ayatollah.

Possibly. To me, at least, the question is, are we better off, playing the game we do,  asking ourselves about period solutions to problems, or about making modern solutions appear to be period.

Sometimes we don't have an alternative, but if we do, it's usually worth pursuing.

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter