[Sca-cooks] What constitutes modern food

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 26 00:12:14 PST 2010

Ian suggested:

<<< Oh, well, I agree, most of the time, but I think private meals in
your
campsite are a special case, don't you?  I mean, I want to give
something to
my crew that doesn't break the "reality" we're trying to create, but
it's
not for public review and appreciation.

So, the crew will appreciate eating foods that would have been
available at
the time, and they'll put any variations under "creative license," or,
"perhaps this cook just didn't publish." >>>

I don't happen to see a need to come up with excuses or convoluted
explanations as to why they might have done something.

At the Nobles Luncheon I served last fall, for the portion celebrating
30 years ago, I served good, soft white rolls, along with some sliced,
roasted beef and some sliced cheeses. If some folks decided to slice
open the roll, smear it with some of the mustard or horseradish sauce
which was nearby and stick some of the beef and cheese inside the
roll, really, that was their concern. I was rather too busy to snicker
about their poor manners. Besides the Nobles at least, outranked me.
I was busy serving up the more traditional chicken legs with vinegar
sauce and the pork and cheese hand pies and other items to those who
weren't playing with their food.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com