[Sca-cooks] Questions on coffee

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Wed Jan 27 20:14:25 PST 2010

>I stand corrected. My apologies for the confusion. I have several
>threads of research I am working and Linne is a thread I am
>following regarding Saami research. His books are journals and while
>interesting leave a lot lacking and are rather bias. AND he is later.
>The book I referenced was given to me by my Grandmother. It's called
>Swedish Ways by Lilly Lorenzen.

The book is in Google Books, which doesn't let you see the whole
thing but does let you search for and find specific quotes, including
the bit you quoted.

>I still maintain my beliefs and theories that the Vikings did drink
>coffee, knew Martials Arts and were educated.

I don't know what "knew Martial Arts and were educated" mean--obvious
they knew how to use weapons, and some of them told sagas and
composed skaldic poetry. That's irrelevant to whether they drank
coffee, and so far you have offered not a shred of evidence that they
did. You are, of course, free to believe what you like, however
baseless.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com