[Sca-cooks] Anchovies - what to do?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 30 23:28:59 PST 2010

Giano asked:
<<< It's great to have Turkish communities in your city! I just got a
kilo of deep-frozen Black Sea anchovies very cheap. Not salted, not
filleted, not even gutted. My question is - whatdo I do with them? >>>

Doing a quick search in the Florilegium for "anchovies" turns up lots
of possibilities including garum. The only anchovies I've ever seen
came in cans, usually in olive or other oil. I wish I could get those
frozen ones here.

A *few* examples: